Whole Braaied Yellowtail, with Apricot Glaze and Egg and Potato Salad
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- 1.5 kg whole yellowtail
- 2 tsp Hinds Spices Southern Grill All in One Seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- 1 handful of fresh thyme
- 100 g Rhodes Quality Smooth Apricot Jam
- 50 g butter
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 6 large potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp Hinds Spices Parsley
- Open the cavity of the yellowtail and sprinkle the inside and outside with Hinds Spices Southern Grill All in One Seasoning. Fill the fish cavity with the garlic, lemon slices and fresh thyme. Melt the Rhodes Quality Smooth Apricot Jam and butter together and brush the cavity and outside of the fish with glaze. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and place into a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and cooked through.
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes, set aside to cool. Peel the eggs and grate the cooked eggs.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, yoghurt, chives and Hinds Spices Parsley. Stir in the cooked potatoes and egg. Season to taste and set aside.
- Make a hot fire, and when the coals are ready, braai the yellowtail for 10 minutes on each side, brushing with the apricot glaze regularly. The skin should be crisp and the fish beautifully cooked through.
- Remove the fish from the braai and serve with the egg and potato salad.
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!