Chicken Curry Pot Pie
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- 2 sheets Today® Original Puff pastry, thawed but cold
- 1 Medium onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- ¾ cup Fresh cream
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 3 cups Shredded roast chicken leftover
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 tsp Hinds Spices Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
- ½ cup Rhodes Quality canned peas
- ½ cup Chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Pinch Hinds Spices Pure Black Pepper, or to taste
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C and cut each sheet of Today® Original Puff Pastry into four even squares.
- Butter four large pie ramekins (individual serving portion) and line with four of the pastry squares. Use a fork to poke the bottom of the lined pastry sheet and set aside.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil on medium heat until tender.
- Add flour to the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add cream and stock and stir to combine. Add chicken, thyme, Hinds Spices Mild & Spicy Curry Powder, soy sauce and season to taste with salt and Hinds Spices Pure Black Pepper. Allow to simmer until the sauce starts to reduce, add the frozen mixed vegetables and cook for about two minutes.
- Remove from the heat and divide evenly between the four prepared ramekins. Add remaining pastry on top, trimming off any excess if desired, and squeeze the edges to seal. Brush with beaten the egg and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- CHEFS TIP: Dock (poke with a fork) your pastry at the bottom of the baking dish to help the pie cook evenly at the bottom and to avoid raw pastry at the bottom of your golden delicious looking pie.
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!