Ginger and Cinnamon Trifle With Cherries
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- 1 box vanilla sponge cake mix
- 2 tbsp Hinds Spices Pure Ground Ginger
- Hinds Custard Powder, follow instructions on the packet to prepare 500ml custard
- 2 tsp Hinds Spices Ground Cinnamon
Other Ingredients Required
- 2 40g boxes trotters cherry flavoured jelly prepared according to instructions on the packet
- 250 g chocolate ice cream dip
- 2 Flake chocolates, crumbled
- 0.5 cup Rhodes Quality Very Cherry Jam
- 250 ml fresh cream, whipped
- Fresh cherries, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To make the Ginger sponge cake, follow the instructions on the packaging then add the Hinds Spices Pure Ground Ginger to the batter and bake in the oven according to the instructions on the packet. Remove from the oven once the cake is completely cooked and allow to cool down before you assemble the trifle.
- Prepare the Hinds Custard Powder according to the instructions on the packet and add the Hinds Spices Ground Cinnamon.
- Slice the cake into about 1 cm thick slices and spread the Rhodes Quality Very Cherry jam evenly onto each slice.
- To layer the trifle, arrange a layer of the set trotters jelly in the trifle dish, then add a drizzle of the chocolate ice cream dip, add your cherries and let them set into the chocolate. Next, place a layer of Ginger cake with jam into the trifle dish then another layer of Trotters Cherry Jelly followed by another layer of chocolate drizzle then more cake & then the cinnamon custard and lastly top with fresh cream and flaked chocolate. Serve with fresh cherries if you have them available.
- You can use fresh berries instead of cherries. Or try the Rhodes Quality Tinned Peaches and Trotters Peach flavoured jelly instead of cherry for a Ginger, Cinnamon & Peach Festive Trifle. You could try one for Christmas & one for New Years!
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!