Herby Garlic Roasted Turkey With All The Sides
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- 7 large potatoes, peeled & cut into halves or quarters then par-boiled in salted water
- A splash of olive oil
- 2 tsp Hinds Spices Potato Seasoning
- 400 g Cherry tomatoes
- 3 baby cabbages cut into quarters
- A pinch of Hinds Spices Salt & Vinegar Seasoning
- 350 g green beans, remove the stem if necessary, blanch in boiling water
- Rocket, for a side salad
- Rhodes Quality pickled onions, cut into quarters for a side salad
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To make the herby garlic butter for basting the turkey, melt the butter in a small pot then add the Hinds Spices Mixed Herbs, Hinds Spices Chicken Spice & chopped garlic. You are going to baste the turkey with this mixture every 40 minutes using a basting brush.
- Prepare a large & deep roasting tray with the turkey, pour over the chicken stock then baste the turkey with some of the herby garlic butter, place the turkey in the oven and roast for 45 minutes per kg of turkey.
- Continuously baste the turkey with the herby garlic butter every 40 minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the oven once it has cooked through to the bone, and the skin turns a golden-brown shade. Allow the turkey to rest for about 30 minutes before serving. Save the turkey juices from the roasting tray.
- To make the turkey gravy, pour the roasting juices into a small pot, simmer on medium heat then add the Bisto Ready-to-eat Chicken Gravy.
- For the roasted potatoes, arrange the boiled potatoes in an oven tray, add the cherry tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil & Hinds Spices Potato Spice, then roast in the oven for 40 minutes on 180°C until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy.
- For the cabbages, grill the cabbages on a griddle pan, on the braai or in the oven for 15 minutes until tender, sprinkle a pinch of Hinds Spices Salt & Vinegar onto the cabbages.
- Season the cooked green beans with salt and Hinds Spices Ground Black Pepper.
- Combine the fresh rocket & Rhodes Quality Pickled onions in a salad bowl.
- To serve, arrange the Herby Garlic Roasted Turkey on a large serving platter, arrange the roasted potatoes, cherry tomatoes, green beans and cabbage around the turkey & serve with the side salad of rocket and pickled onions. Serve with the turkey gravy, and some rice or bread rolls.
- If you aren’t sure whether your turkey is completely cooked, cut into the thigh and check if the meat on the bone looks cooked. There should be no red juices coming out of the turkey once it is cooked. A brined turkey is more succulent and flavourful once it is roasted and is more forgiving – because of the brine it does not dry out easily. If you cannot find a brined turkey, use a standard turkey but be mindful of your cooking time and seasoning with salt and pepper.
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!