Apple Pie Spring Rolls
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- Heat a medium pot and add the diced apple, sugar, Hinds Spices Cinnamon, Hinds Spices Pure Ground Ginger, lemon, custard powder and caramel essence. Give the pot a good stir after each addition.
- Bring to a simmer and cook over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally until apples are tender and sauce is slightly sticky.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto a spring roll pastry sheet and roll up. Use water to brush and tightly seal the spring rolls. Repeat the process with remaining filling and pastry.
- When ready to serve, deep fry in medium hot oil until golden and crispy for about 4-6 minutes. Drain on a rack to remove excess oil and to slightly cool off.
- Serve sprinkled with icing sugar.
Chef's Tip: You can make these way ahead of time and freeze. When ready to use, just deep fry straight from the freezer.
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!