Roast Pork Belly with Apples and red Onion
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- 2 kg rolled pork belly
- 1 tsp Hinds Spices Barbeque Spice
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 4 granny smith apples
- 2 red onions, cut into quarters
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 star anise
- 1 cup stock/ white wine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp cake flour
- 1 tbsp Hinds Spices Potato Spice
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Place the pork belly into a large ovenproof dish; rub with Hinds Spices Barbeque Spice and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the apples, onions, cinnamon and anise around the pork and pour over the stock. Drizzle over the olive oil and place in the oven to cook for 90 minutes. Increase the temperature to 220°C and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- While the pork is cooking, place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, remove and drain and set aside.
- Mix together the flour and Hinds Spices Potato Spice and lightly coat the potatoes. Place the oil into a large deep-sided ovenproof dish and heat in the oven for 10 minutes. Place the potatoes into the hot oil and roast at 180°C for 45 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Serve the roasted pork with the roast potatoes.
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!