5-Ingredient Crispy Apricot Chicken
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- ½ box (100g), plus 3 tbsp extra Hinds Spices Southern Coating Original
- 2 Large eggs, beaten
- 8 (1.2kg) Chicken thighs, washed and patted dry
- ½ tin (225g) Rhodes Quality Smooth Apricot Jam
- ¼ Cup soy sauce
Serving suggestion: Steamed rice, Steamed broccoli, Spring onion
- Add half of the box of Hinds Spices Southern Coating Original and beaten eggs to two separate bowls. Carefully coat each chicken thigh in the egg mixture following with the coatings.
CHEF'S TIP: Alternatively, use your preferred chicken pieces!
- Air fry the chicken in 2 batches at 180°C for 25 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown and crispy.
CHEF'S TIP: Alternatively, bake the chicken in the oven at 180°C for 40 minutes, if preferred!
- Dissolve the 3 extra tablespoons of the Hinds Spices coating in 1 cup of water. In a large pan, add the Rhodes Quality Smooth Apricot Jam, soy sauce, and water mixture and allow to simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes, while stirring, until reduced and slightly thickened.
- Add the warm crispy chicken to the pan and coat the chicken in the sticky sauce. Garnish with freshly sliced spring onion. Serve immediately with steamed rice and broccoli, or any sides of your choice, and enjoy!
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!