Croissant + Muffins = Cruffins
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- 2 Rolls (400g each) Today Original Puff Pastry, thawed
- 2 tbsp Hinds Spices Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Cup (100g) granulated sugar
- ¼ Cup (56g) butter, softened
- ½ Tin (226g) Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
- Preheat the oven to 160°C on fan-assist and grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Hinds Spices Ground Cinnamon and sugar to make a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the thawed Today Original Puff Pastry rolls into 2 large 70cm x 25cm rectangles. Spread the butter and sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar evenly between the 2 pastry rectangles, reserving the remaining cinnamon-sugar until needed.
CHEF'S TIP: Thaw the puff pastry in the fridge overnight!
- Gently roll the pastry into 2 long 70cm logs. Cut the logs into 6 smaller logs. Using a sharp knife, cut each log length ways, to form 12 pieces of dough. Roll each piece of dough into a spiral, ensuring the layers of cinnamon-sugar are facing up.
- Place each spiral into the prepared muffin tray holes, sealed-side down, and bake for 1 Hour or until the pastry has cooked through and turned golden brown.
- Once the cruffins have baked, immediately while still warm, roll each through the remaining cinnamon-sugar.
CHEF'S TIP: Roll the cruffins in cinnamon sugar while warm to ensure it sticks well!
- Add the Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam to a piping bag with a round piping nozzle. Pipe the jam into the base of each cruffin until well filled.
CHEF'S TIP: Alternatively, use a zip-lock bag!
- Serve on a platter as the perfect breakfast or teatime treat and enjoy!
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!