Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- 1.2 kg beetroot trimmed and washed
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Hinds Spices Crushed Chillies
- ½ tsp Hinds Spices Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Hinds Spices Pure Ground Ginger
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups lettuce leaves of your choice
- 1 baby cucumber, sliced
- 3 small nectarines cut into wedges or any other preferred fruit
- ¼ cup cubes of feta
- 50 g Micro herbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Wrap beetroot in foil. Place on baking tray and cook until tender for approximately 50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before peeling off the skin.
- Place sugar, red wine vinegar, Hinds Spices Crushed Chillies, Hinds Spices Cayenne Pepper, Hinds Spices Pure Ground Ginger and balsamic into a saucepan. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Chop the beetroot into wedges or small chunks and add to the saucepan. Cook for 15 minutes or until the beetroot is glossy and the sauce slightly thickened. Remove from heat and place on a plate to cool completely before assembling the salad.
- Add your lettuce, cucumber nectarines, beetroot, feta and micro herbs into a bowl. Drizzle the sauce over the assembled Salad.
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!