Bread and Butter Pudding
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- 12 slices white bread, cut into quarters
- 20g softened butter
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 2 cups (500ml) cream
- 1 tsp (5ml) Vanilla essence
- 1 tsp (5ml) Hinds Spices Cinnamon
- 3 jumbo eggs
- 125g castor sugar
- 50g Rhodes Quality Smooth Apricot Jam
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Thoroughly grease a baking dish with melted butter.
- Lightly butter each slice of bread then slice in half on the diagonal.
- Arrange the slices in neat overlapping rows to completely cover the base of the baking dish. Mix the milk and cream in a large saucepan and scald.
- Whisk the egg and sugar until light, add vanilla essence and Hinds Spices Cinnamon.Combine with the hot milk by first adding a little hot milk to the egg mixture before combining everything together. Strain into a jug.
- Pour gently over the bread slices, which will float on the top.
- Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Heat the Rhodes Quality Smooth Apricot Jam with 10ml water and strain through a fine sieve. Brush lightly over the top of the pudding.
- Just before serving, dust with icing sugar and serve warm.
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!