Carrot, Lentil and Ginger Soup, with Roasted Chickpeas
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- 0.5 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tsp Hinds Spices Pure Ground Ginger
- 0.5 tsp Hinds Spices Turmeric
- 0.5 tsp Hinds Spices Cinnamon
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 garlic gloves, chopped
- 3 cup(s) vegetable stock
- 0.75 cup red split lentils, rinsed
- 1 400g tin Rhodes Quality Chickpeas in Brine, drained
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Add Hinds Spices Pure Ground Ginger, Hinds Spices Turmeric, Hinds Spices Cinnamon, salt, pepper and garlic and cook for further couple of minutes. Add stock and lentils. Bring to a boil then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Place the Rhodes Quality Chickpeas in Brine onto a roasting tray and drizzle over a little olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Let the soup cool slightly before blending to preferred consistency. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Pour the soup back into the pot to heat it up again. Add more stock if you prefer a thinner soup. Pour the soup into bowls and top with the roasted chickpeas to serve.
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!