Ginger Chilli Roast Pumpkin Soup
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- 1 400g Rhodes Quality Butter Beans in Brine, drained and rinsed
- 1 disc feta, crumbled
- 1 can Rhodes Quality Whole Kernel Corn in Brine, drained and fried
- Handful chopped coriander
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the pumpkin, Hinds Crushed Chillies, oil and salt in a large roasting tray. Roast the pumpkin for 35 minutes until soft and completely cooked.
- In a large pot, at a low temperature, heat a drizzle of oil then add the Hinds Spices Mild & Spicy Curry Powder, Hinds Pure Ground Ginger, coconut cream and stock powder. Once the coconut cream is warm, add the cooked pumpkin.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth.
- Slowly add ¼ cup of boiling water at a time until you are happy with the consistency. If you would like to make the soup thinner, add more water.
- Combine the Rhodes Quality Butter Beans in Brine, crumbled feta, fried sweetcorn, coriander and spring onion in a bowl.
- Add a spoonful of the topping to the soup and serve.
- Serve with vetkoek or toasted bread.
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!