Grilled Chicken Thigh Skewers
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
- 12 Chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
FOR THE MARINADE
- Serve with Rhodes Quality Boerewors Relish
TO MAKE THE CHICKEN
- In a large bowl,combine marinade ingredients together and whisk until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Save 1/4 cup of the marinade in a cup for later. Add the chicken thighs to the remaining marinade and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Prepare the grill, clean and grease the grates, preheat to medium heat.
- Place 3 chicken thighs on each skewer, packing them tightly without spacing.
- If using wooden skewers be sure to soak them for a couple hours (or at least 30min) before using to prevent them from burning.
- Grill chicken undisturbed for 6-8 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through or an internal temperature reaches 74ºC. If chicken starts burning move it around. Brushing with the reserved marinade from time to time.
- Remove from the grill,and allow the grilled chicken thighs to rest for 5 minutes, tented with foil. Garnish with fresh lemon slices and serve over flat bread with and Rhodes Quality Boerewors Relish!
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!