Spicy Rice Stuffed Peppers
Prevent your screen from going dark (if supported by your device)
Look for the timer triggers in the recipe method
PRINT RECIPEClick To Print
Pepper and Rice
- 8 medium bell peppers
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 300 g brown rice, cooked about 500g cooked rice
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pot. Fry the onions, mushrooms, Hinds Spice for Rice, chilli flakes and Hinds Mixed Herbs for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and brown rice. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a splash of water if the rice sticks to the bottom of the pot. Taste the rice, and add salt as you need to.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and gently remove the seeds. If the peppers are falling over, carefully slice the bottom tips off to make them stand level, but take care not to make a hole in them, otherwise the rice (once stuffed) will fall out. Place the peppers in a pot of boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes until tender, then remove. Drain off the excess water and pat dry on a clean dishcloth or paper towel.
- Using a tablespoon, fill the peppers with rice, sprinkle on the sliced spring onion and serve.
- Don’t over-cook the peppers. They need to be firm enough to be stuffed with the rice.
Liked this recipe?Tag @hinds_spices_the_strong_one in a photo of your dish on Instagram!